On 26th February 2016, in 14th General Assembly in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, agreed unanimously to set up Advisory Board of AYC
Among other members appointed as committee are 2016-2019 are ;
Dr. Mohamed Khir Toyo (Malaysia)
HE Moammar Al Eryani (Yemen)
Dr. Kwang Sun Cha (Korea)
Mdm. Srisak Thairry (Thailand)
Mr. Jackie Goh (Singapore)
President AYC (Ex officio)
Members are selected based on their knowledge, network and past contribution to AYC. All members have served more than a decade in AYC.
AYC Advisory Board
The Asian Youth Council is non-governmental regional youth organization, formed on the 14th of August 1972, to provide a common platform for Asian youth and youth leaders pursuing similar objectives for economic and social development. Memberships of AYC comprised of national youth organization recognized by their respective governments.
Since its establishments, AYC has cultivated many leaders in various fields such as politics, economics, businesses, NGOs etc. Many of them have moved on to take up active and prominent role in serving their respective country and communities.
To further strengthen AYC as well as to continue to benefit from the vast experience of our former members, the AYC Secretariat has proposed for the formation of the AYC Advisory Board.
AYC Advisory Board
With reference to Chapter 6 of the AYC statutes below, it stated in:
Article 1 The General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Executive Committee may appoint any individual as patrons and advisors to the AYC. The functions of patrons and advisors are to provide support to the AYC to achieve its aims and objectives.
Article 2 The members of the Advisory Board shall include the President who sits as an ex-officio. The functions of the Advisory Board are to give advice as and when necessary to the Executive Committee, and to make any necessary recommendation in order to maintain and promote the activities and programmes of AYC.
Roles and Functions
- To provide support and guidance to the AYC to achieve its aims and objectives;
- Provide advice to the Executive Committee, and to make any necessary recommendation in order to maintain and promote the activities and programmes of AYC;
- Continue to facilitate and promote AYC linkages with the vast network of youth organizations globally;
- Platform for members to network, seek resources for AYC and promote friendship among fellow members.
Membership & Panel Structure
- Member will be referred to as “Advisor” of AYC. They can be invited to sit in executive committee meeting, attend AYC events and functions. This membership is honorary and does not carry any voting rights at the Executive Committee meeting. Advisor will be given “Honorary Member” status.
- Members will be nominated by the AYC Executive Committee and be presented during the General Assembly of AYC for approval. While nomination can be made at any Executive Committee meeting, appointment of new advisory members can only take place at the General Assembly of AYC.
- Appointed members of the advisory board shall decide on the board structure and shall include the President of AYC as ex-officio. AYC Secretariat shall assist in the coordination of advisory board matters.
- Members once appointed, will continue to serve and be regarded as a Member of the Advisory Board until such time that the Executive Committee decide to withdraw or terminate his/her appointment at the General Assembly.
- The President of the AYC, under the instruction of the Executive Committee, may assigned special duty to member/s of the Advisory board when required.