Recognizing the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the importance of youth participation and empowerment, and the strength of unity, AYC aims to:
- Unite all national youth councils in Asia under a common association, namely Asian Youth Council.
- Promote the economic, social and political integration of Asian youth and nations in the spirit of regional development.
- Foster cooperation between national youth councils in Asia with governmental and non-governmental, regional and international organizations to promote youth volunteerism and development.
- Create a greater awareness and global understanding on issues affecting youth in Asia.
- Provide support to young people in Asia to realize their true potential and to contribute towards development of their communities and nations.