16 September 2018, Asian Youth Leadership Forum 2018, 21st Century Hotel, Beijing
We, the youth leaders and representatives of Asian Youth Council from 16 nations namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Viet Nam, gathered here in Beijing, the capital city of the People’s Republic Of China. Fortuitously, the inaugural meeting this year coincided with the Asia Africa Youth Festival, an event which will create history and impact for all of us.
The event was graciously hosted by All China Youth Federations of (ACYF), in collaboration with Asian Youth Council (AYC), from 12 September to 16 September, 2018, under the theme of “The Impact of the New Trends of Globalization”. We hereby declare as follows:
- We reaffirm our commitment to the intent and spirit of the Asian Youth Council (AYC), a regional youth coordinating body for National Youth Councils (NYC) in Asia, in promoting “ONE ASIA” that will bring about shared prosperity to all people in the Asian region.
- We emphasize the importance of raising awareness of the new trends of globalisation, we are certainly aware that the youth of Asia should be trained and equipped with adequate knowledge and experience in order to embrace the changes and minimising the impact.
- We recognize the importance to instil the spirit of volunteerism in the heart of the young Asians, in view to expand and prioritize our social contributions to response to the need of the Asian community. We also believe that the importance of establishing the cross cultural and cross border team to cater to the Asian need, with AYC as the platform.
- We believe our plural societies can learn and profit from their immense diversity. We also convince that fair and just society will promote culture of peace, and mutual understanding among people, which then can put an end to the culture of violence.
- We share a strong commitment towards the regional peace security as well as peaceful resolution of dispute, including full respect of legal and diplomatic process, the exercise of self restrain, and the rule based on regional and international order. We are aware that peace and stability is hard to acquire, and maintaining peace and stability will need the commitment and cooperation of all nations. We encourage the role of regional and multilateral institution in fostering cooperation, peace and prosperity.
- We recognise the significance of the One Belt One Road (OBOR) will be able to enhance economic capacity and increase employment rate as well as facilitates the transfer of knowledge and technology in the Asian Region
- We acknowledge the role of youth in voicing out opinions on issues affecting their future and in promoting youth involvement in development for the sake of peace and stability in Asia. We reaffirm our previous commitment on youth development and youth as a pathway to enhance bilateral ties among the Asian countries, in order to achieve the ONE Asian aspirations.
Adopted unanimously in Beijing, China on September 16, 2013.
H.E HUN Many
President Asian Youth Council
All China Youth Federation